COVID-19 ACUPUNCTURE UPDATE:
Although COVID-19 presented a variety of obstacles for Complete Health of Lawrenceville, we have continued to provide exceptional care while maintaining a safe and hygienic environment for patient treatment. We expect to extend this as we continue to reopen the acupuncture department.
As an increased safety precaution, patients will be treated exclusively, with only one patient being present in the room for the entirety of treatment time. Because of this, there will be less overall acupuncture appointments available for patients. To ensure that all patients have an equal opportunity for care, patients will only be permitted to have four scheduled appointments at a given time. However, as conditions surrounding COVID-19 improve, more appointments will be added to the schedule. Additional appointments will be held in the massage therapy room to continue to keep patients separated during overlapping treatment times.
Likewise, all acupuncture patients should follow the guidelines below:
- Patients must self-screen before coming into the office for treatment. If you are presenting with any COVID related symptoms (see below) or a temperature greater than 99.6 degrees, we ask that you call and reschedule your appointment
- Patients must wear a mask for the duration of their time in the office and in the acupuncture room
- Patients should limit the personal belongings that they are bringing into the office
- Patients should remove all jewelry and leave at home
- Patients should wear loose fitting clothes to minimize what needs to be removed during treatment
- Any required paperwork should be completed and submitted online
Please refer to the current Acupuncture schedule below
MONDAYS 9:30am – 3:00pm* Dr. Jaclyn Reich-Falber, DACM, LAc
TUESDAYS 9:30am – 3:00pm* Dr. Jaclyn Reich-Falber, DACM, LAc
WEDNESDAYS 9:00am – 4:00pm* Hui Yang, OMD, LAc
THURSDAYS 9:30am – 3:00pm* Dr. Jaclyn Reich-Falber, DACM, LAc
FRIDAYS 9:30am – 3:00pm* Dr. Jaclyn Reich-Falber, DACM, LAc
SATURDAYS 9:00am – 2:00pm* Qiuping Chen, OMD, LAc
*Indicates last appointment time
We hope everyone is remaining safe and healthy during this time!
Acupuncture is an effective form of medical treatment that works by promoting natural healing. It can enhance recuperative power and immunity, support physical and emotional health, and improve overall function and well-being.
At the core of this ancient medicine is the philosophy that Qi (pronounced "chee"), the vital energy, flows throughout the body. Qi animates the body and protects it from illness, pain, and disease. A person's health is influenced by the quality, quantity, and balance of Qi.
Acupuncture is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) to be effective in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute or Chronic Pain and associated conditions - neck, low back, shoulder, jaw, wrist, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia
- Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Emotional Issues
- Reproductive Problems, Fertility, Menstrual Irregularities, Morning Sickness, PMS, Menopause
- Chronic Fatigue, Dizziness, Headaches, Migraines, Sleep Disturbances
- Addiction, Smoking Cessation
- Indigestion, Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Incontinence
- Sinusitis, Common Cold, Pneumonia, Rhinitis, Sore Throat, Asthma, Bronchitis
During the inital exam a full health history is taken, including questions regarding health, symptoms, and lifestyle. Gathering this information enables the practitioner to effectively diagnose and detect any specific imbalances of Qi that may have contributed to a person's health symptoms.
Once the imbalances of Qi are detected, an acupuncturist will place fine, sterile needles at specific acupoints along meridian pathways. This safe and painless insertion of the needles can unblock the obstructed, or stagnant, Qi. Once this is done, Qi can freely circulate throughout the body, providing adequate nourishment to cells, organs, glands, tissues, and muscles.
From Left to Right: Dr. Jaclyn Reich-Falber, DACM, LAc, Hui Yang, OMD, LAc, Qiuping Chen, OMD, LAc.
To learn more about each provider, follow this link to the Meet Our Team page!
New Patients: Your first appointment will require separate Acupuncture paperwork. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow adequate time for completion or complete the paperwork before your appointment by following the link to Online Forms. Please complete all paperwork listed under Required Acupuncture Forms and remember to bring your insurance card and a photo ID card.